Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thoughts on Thanksgiving

Over the river and through the woods


...'to grandmother's house we go' is a little bit of nostalgia I'm humming this Thanksgiving week 2016 re-living years gone past and simple childhood memories of assorted "relatives" - at least as a child I thought we were all tied together by geneology - piled around the dining table feasting on a well-cooked meal. There were those conversations, too, and politics always raised voices and hands waved in animation either for or against. I listened a lot and asked questions later when I got home for my family was never shy in that respect, and oh, the diversity of opinion. Beloved Giants' football games on television kept the older folks contented - many a snooze, too - and outside play in the nippy air with cousins infrequently seen made the afternoon go by quickly and before you knew it
...'the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh' home safely.