Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Thoughts on dreaming

I hate to disappoint you. Absolutely nothing happened last night. No murder. No scary chases. No jumping off cliffs. Not even a salsa dance chance reunion with a couple of old favorite peeps.



When I woke up, I realized that it had been an uneventful sleep without a single particle of a dream remaining in my conscious mind. Those fantasies are in deep hiding and it’s too late to pull them out for examination.

Some folks say that they leave a notebook and pen on their nightstand, and the minute they have a dream, they wake up to record it all before it lets go forever.
That process doesn’t appeal to me. Forcing myself to wake in the night interrupts my sleeping pattern. A strong dream will remain in the morning enough for me to remember.

Best to wait for another night for adventures to surface. A lovely swirling waltz overlooking the Danube would be fine, please. Heck. I’ll take a trip to the grocery store on a reasonably co-operative camel.