Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday thoughts


And He will raise you up on eagle's wings. I associate those ascending melodious words with a funeral and the final passage lifting a dear one to eternal heavenly residence out of our earthly realm. Sad and hopeful.
The tears did flow at a service for a friend, and today on a meditative walk out into the countryside, a precious rare sighting of a bald eagle swooping and circling above me like a personal encore one final time gives abundant comfort. And hold you in the palm of His Hand. 
There is freedom in the eagle's soaring in the vastness above that attracts me to seek more beyond the confines of space. It inspires me, and mighty phrases land on a page as quickly as my fingers touch the keyboard like a nest where the mother bird faithfully deadheads to feed her young.