Saturday, May 10, 2014

The mothers in my life

Remembering my mother, Eleanor, who gently raised me to be the person I am today- confident, inquisitive and joyful for all the blessings in my life. Sometimes we clashed like all mothers and daughters do, and I would get annoyed at her for way too long. Eventually, I would see her point and value its worth even though it wasn't quite what I had in mind. She cheered me on throughout her life, and never failed to listen. Although she has been gone for many years, I keep her close to my heart. "Thank you, mom, for being a good mother to me."


Thinking of all the other amazing women in my life that have been outstanding role models and advisors to me at various crucial points. How grateful I am for each one and what I learned. Never living close to my mother, I depended upon relationships with others to sustain me. You were all there for me in good and sad times. You know who you are. "Thank you, each and every one of you."

May I pass on wisdom to my own daughter and other young women that cross my path.