Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Walking with the white tail

I thought that I had become a spohisticated country gal, but I was in for a surprise or two today at a visit to Rush, New York visiting Walking with the White Tail Farm.

 Walk with the White Tails

If you have kids, grandkids or are young at heart, I would suggest that you make a visit to the farm for a couple hours of amazing up close and personal experiences with deer.

This is not a rehab facility for deer, and I understand much better the artificial insemination and  breeding process that the farm undertakes.
It is a very labor intensive amount of work caring and feeding four times a day all the does and bucks. The four babies housed on the porch in crates are bottle fed. Soon they will be put out in the fenced in areas.


.

The deer were friendly and let me feed them. The loved me by licking my shoulder and hugging me.