Monday, July 9, 2012

all in the eye of the beholder


  I’ll tell you what I think beautiful is….

  1. An ecstatic grandfather in the shopping line hands over money to the cashier and in almost a single smooth motion  pulls photos out of a brown 8x11 envelope to show me his precious twin bundle of joy. Together we revel over a cluster of pictures at a family poolside afternoon--one of many firsts for a much-loved baby boy and girl. The perfect package of love I think to myself as I walk away.

  1. A mama bluebird guarding her babies with cries in no uncertain terms from a nearby cherry tree while they grow and develop in the home made specifically for their kind. She knows I am close and I do my best to stay out of the way. As soon as I move out of range, mama will fly back to her home all attentive to her little ones.