Sunday, January 1, 2012

come on in 2012 for the asking

I'm ready for you, 2012! The new calendars are hanging on the wall and sitting on my desk all crisp, fresh and untouched by human hands. It is so much fun getting organized for a new beginning, even though I have been through it so many times in life. There is something uplifting about it that I can't quite put my finger on.

My solution to resolutions is to make some goals that may or may not actually happen in 2012. One thing that I have promised myself is to get my creative juices oozing enough to get a book out for everyone to read. Those thoughts have been tugging at me for too long to hold in any longer!

Last fall I learned the art of making handmade books of all sizes and shapes, I wish to come up with a few unique ones perfect for expressing poems and short essays in a fresh way. As much as I love technology, it is special  making a piece of art that takes time and energy where I have to struggle with the visual side of me that fights a bit coming forth.

During the winter months when I am not making books or writing, of course, I will be outside exercising the right of those snowshoes to take me up and over our back trails.  I believe a gym membership is in order, too, to keep me active and feeling good about myself.

There are some travel plans for 2012 that will take shape once the airlines decide pricing, and agendas can be finalized. How much fun is that to look forward to? The world's the limit in my way of looking at things.

Quality time with family and friends whenever the opportunities arise will push me over the top of happiness.

Let's get going. There is no time to waste.