Monday, November 21, 2011

simple joys of the season to come

Getting ready to organize for some new feature newspaper stories this morning will push me into December with deadlines. That's hard to believe! I'd rather be thinking about writing than Black Friday---which I don't participate in whatsoever, and Cyber Monday deals either. Best wishes to all that think differently than me, though. I won't stand in your way in line or clogging the internet.

The best Christmas present my husband and I gave to each other was one years ago when we agreed to let go and enjoy the simple pleasures of the holiday season without the craziness. It doesn't mean that I am a grump about Christmas either.  Nobody goes more nuts over the traditional music--both secular and carols, than me and it puts a bounce in my step and a smile on my face. I like the gatherings and parties connecting one another. However, it is the being together part that excites me and not all the frantic aspects, frayed nerves and exhaustive marathon of "have to's."