Sunday, November 20, 2011

a little big stretch for today

Definitely I am not going to "write till I drop" with fellow authors at Burlingham Books today in Perry, although it is a very noble idea to promote. There's no telling what connections and ideas will be bounced around, let alone the pure stimulation that will come from being around fellow wordsmiths.

What I AM going to do today is to put my whole heart into a 3 plus mile fast walk to prepare myself for all that extra stuffing and pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. If all goes well--and I think that it will,  I will enter confidently the Hornell Area YMCA Turkey Trot on the day of festivities. It has been quite awhile since I was in a race, and I honestly don't look at a 5k walk as a competition, but a fun time for a good cause. Maybe to be honest I will say that it is one of those personal challenges of mine, which I seem to be good at uncovering at  different phases in life.