Friday, November 18, 2011

crisp weather for exerting cleaning energy

Waking up to a good two inches of snow on the ground this morning, and it has given me a lift of energy to clean out cupboards of stacks upon rows of coffee mugs no linger in good favor in our household. When I reached to the very back of one shelf I discovered a couple of my favorites hidden away. They had fallen into that "out of sight, out of mind," category, but I couldn't bear giving away those handcrafted pieces. Many a predawn I had sipped warm coffee from them meditating on my plans for the day. They went to the front for easy reaching.
As is always the case, one thing leads to another, and I am tackling getting rid of Tupperware lids and containers mismatched and of little use.What they were stacked on shelves taken up room, I have no clue.
Unfortunately, I have used one counter top for far too long piling bowls and platters that need to go to their rightful "home" tucked away hidden from view.
Both my husband and I have gotten into this frenzy, and before you know it we will be clear of useless stuff cluttering our lives. One major trip to the Salvation Army, and our pieces will be someone's treasures.