Sunday, September 11, 2011

eros restaurant in rochester is over the top

Eros Restaurant on 37 Charlotte Street, Rochester, is tucked away behind Spot Coffee north of East Avenue. It is tidy looking from the outside with ample parking across the street; amazingly once you enter, you are in a sleek, modern restaurant where you are made to feel special no matter what the occasion. In my book this is a definite keeper place, and one that I would love to share with friends.

My entree choice was cedar seared Norwegian Salmon with vanilla bean parsnip puree, haricot verts & crispy celery leaves.
 My husband's choice was the Blackened Beef Tips: Cajun seared beef tenderloin topped with caramelized onions & melted gorgonzola cheese served over roasted garlic mashed potatoes & grilled crostini.
Both were plated simply with an artistic flair, and were enjoyable to the palate with just the right portions. Prices were reasonable.
I chose a TRIVENTO SELECT Malbec, Argentina for my wine, and it was a reminder of all the fine wines I drank from that marvelous South American country.