Sunday, August 14, 2011

tie a knot around art

While I was out and about yesterday I stopped at The Artist's Knot on Main Street in Andover to see ceramic artisan Dick Lang's show. The space was in an intimate room of its own, and once you walked in you removed yourself from all distractions except the art. Soft lightning and quiet music completed the scene.
Lang had some new designs and shapes in pieces with holes for lights to show through that are suitable for indoors and outdoors. There were examples of his bowls, mugs and plates also. I have been an admirer of his work for years. Every chance that I get to see his work, I notice that Lang has moved to a new level of artistry.
While I was there I looked around in the front of the store at the well-stocked showroom full of art supplies. If you are looking for name brand materials at reasonable prices, you might consider going to Andover.