Wednesday, August 24, 2011

midgley's pottery shows off a whimsical nature

At the Hammondsport Arts and Crafts Festival last weekend I had the pleasure of once again viewing Peter Midgley's work. One light green with red accents coffee mug fit perfectly in my hand. It had a tiny frog on the handle that would be my companion while I had my morning brew. The mug "spoke" to me, and I needed to take it home.
 Midgley makes beautiful functional ceramic pieces and a variety of unique sculptural vessels. The work is in stoneware, porcelain and Raku.
Peter Midgley, 4070 Niles Hill Rd, Wellsville, NY 14895
(585) 593-3129
Directions: Take Rt. 19 into Wellsville, turn west onto State St., turn left onto Highland Ave. Turn right onto Pine St./Niles Hill Rd. A white house in evergreens, 2/3 of a mile on the right.