Friday, August 26, 2011

cruising on over to main street in angelica

It was wonderful driving over to Angelica in the Southern Tier late yesterday afternoon for Cruise Night on Main Street and a light meal at the Black-Eyed Susan Acoustic Cafe. The spaciousness on either side of the Interstate and the green rolling hills  reminded me why I live in Upstate New York.

Of course, Angelica was perfect for a '50's cruise night with its wide street, and from what I was told, people and cars were coming out of the woodwork! All the stores stayed open, too, and I took advantage of it to do a bit of browsing. There's antique stores, a working pottery studio and a mercantile shop among others.




First though, I ate a quick meal of humus spread on a croissant filled with mushrooms and spinach at the Black-Eyed Susan Yum! I will be back in September on a weekend because I saw their schedule of musicians and their regular dinner menu!
Check their website at Black-Eyed Susan for updated events.