Monday, June 20, 2011

seneca lake hits the spot

Seneca Lake view from the porch dining area of Castel Grisch Winery north of Watkins Glen.



Sunday was a relaxing day overlooking Seneca Lake reminiscing about our dads, who have been passed away for quite some time.  We started with lunch at Castel Grisch Winery before heading to the Lakewood VIneyards for the Old TIme Fiddlers' Gathering. In between the music from a variety of performance groups, we did a little wine tasting inside. I selected the Pinot Gris 2007 for its aromas of honeydew, kumquats and a mixture of peach and green apples finishing with a slight taste of tart pear. That hit the spot on a warm afternoon, too. When I walked down the grape rows to get a closer view of Seneca Lake, I met a young couple that were new in the area. It was so much fun sharing places for them to visit on day trips in the Finger Lakes! I think that I overwhelmed them, too, with all the choices available!! YEAH!