Friday, May 13, 2011

a short three minutes from suny geneseo

My old stomping ground when I was a student at SUNY Geneseo was the quick trip on the flats to Piffard for a drink in the bar and a meal in a casual atmosphere. Throughout the years I have been to The Yard of Ale and have always found the food good.
However, after the meal this evening, I believe that it has reached a new height in dining. It was more than excellent, and I was very impressed. My maple glazed salmon with sliced apples was perfectly done, and it was presented beautifully with a rice pilaf on the plate. The wait staff was very attentive, and the crowd was lively everywhere. It was a festive night for being out because graduation is tomorrow and many parents were there from elsewhere in the state. The decor fit a fancier Yard of Ale than I have remembered from the past.