Thursday, December 23, 2010

twas two days before Christmas,

Twas two days before Christmas
    Checking the list twice
Friends and family come visiting
    Laughter is so nice.

In the stillness of the early morning before the day begins, there is a peaceful quieness in the space around me. Every once in awhile the snowplow passes by with its thunderous roar bringing the cat in hastily from the back porch. It's a reassuring sound, though, that reminds me that soon the world will be frantically moving about in a mad rush, but I have chosen to step back from the craziness a long time ago. Yes, I will meet some Chicago friends for lunch today, and we will laugh ourselves silly comparing notes about our lives since we last saw each other. There is a list of things to do, but it will get accomplished like it always has in the past. Twas two days before Christmas....what can I say?