Sunday, December 12, 2010

it's all about the warm "fuzzies"

 "Twas the Night Before Christmas" was sung with a unique, energetic flair by the Hornell Orpheus Chorale in a stunning rendition from Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians last night. The  little, shining angel chorus in the church pageant this morning with voices high and clear proclaimed the anticipation of the birth of Jesus. They both sent out a warm and heartfelt spirit that is so catching. Ah, the season!

I love the music of the season and get very nostalgic hearing the tunes from the past play on the radio. Up blasts the sound in the car, or at home, as I sing as loudly as I can with utter abandon.

All those  wonderful memories of my parents and relatives together laughing and enjoying the simple pleasures of the holiday season come to mind. "There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays" kept me going for years counting down the days as I waited in anticipation for returning to my childhood home.