Tuesday, December 7, 2010

go in the other direction to a craft show in Belmont

I got a nice note from my friend, Kay Brooks from Belmont. She is a wonderful potter with a unique flair put to her ceremic glazes. I have a complete set of dinnerware from her, as well as assorted bowls and coffee mugs.

"Thanks to all of you who made it to my show this last week-end despite all the snow. This coming week-end I will be at a very nice little show in Belmont at the St. Philips Church hall on Rt 19/WilletsRd. 
There will be several other artists. Elaine Hardman, who has adorable characture piggy-banks plus lots more, Meredith Chilson with her beautiful hand sewn bags, Kristen Vossler-Wigent with wonderful hand-made soaps (I won't use anything else), Joan Sinclair who does amazing hand stitched pictures, Bob Chaffee who hand-carves everything from Christmas ornaments to sculptures, Peg Cherre with unbelievable weaving and jewelry, and last but far from least, Margaret Shulock with her famous calendars and hand-made cards and believe me she has the most unique sense of humor around. 
      The show is Friday, December 10th from 11am-6pm. and Saturday the 11th from 10am-4pm. There will be treats,  a door prize and lots of neat stuff, so see you there." Thanks, Kay Brooks