Monday, October 4, 2010

naples artisans' trail spreads electic pleasures

Over the past weekend was the Naples Art Trail, and I was very impressed with some new places that I found while wandering. That always makes a day worthwhile when I go home with additional places to add to my address book.

A new studio on the trail was the Adam Spector Studios, owners Sarah and Adam Spector, both Alfred graduates....need I say more. With their training at AU they have come out with unusual functional and handmade pieces showing the Spectors'  flair for design and shape.
Go to Adam Spector Studios

A brand new restaurant  serving American cuisine called Roots Cafe was a joy to visit. The menu was quite unique, and I found many possibilities for a light lunch. The waiter told me that each evening they are trying additional specials, and there is a Sunday brunch. Roots had a very retro look to the place, and no two tables and chairs were the same.  You can find them on Facebook. Very cool....

Right behind the restaurant is the Imagine Moore Winery at 197 N. Main Street, and I was happy to find  that the owners are into local sustainability and work with small family farms in the Finger Lakes to provide the grapes.
I enjoyed TRUTH, a Syrah, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon wine that will age for ten years. It is a wine that is perfect for sipping on its own.
The wine bottles have distinctive graphics highlighting each of the Moore children.
I'll be back! Incidently, their logo is clever: Drink Moore Wine
Go to Imagine Moore Winery for more information.