Saturday, March 20, 2010

An Early Spring Conversation


Yesterday I was in Lowe's checking on the outdoor gardening materials, and although it is a bit early for hanging baskets, the racks were filling with colorful  yellow and purple pansy arrangements. Just feasting my eyes on the deep hues after the monotones of winter, was a pleasing feeling that ran through my entire body.

"I feel sorry for my friends who don't have gardening fever like I do," said a woman coming up near me  running her fingers through the pink potted lavender . She sighed a contented sigh, as if to say that all is right with the world.

"Yes. I know what you mean. In my mind I am already planning where to move some of my herbs."

With that quick conversation we both went on our way happy at the prospect of spring's return.